Today the a new development board received. It has an Virtex5 FPGA soldered and a lot of I/O connections.
It is sold by Digilent Inc. as “Virtex-5 OpenSPARC Evaluation Kit”. Digilent has soldered a Virtex5 110T on the board instead of a Virtex5 50T as Xilinx on the ML505. All other components on the board are the same.
The first power on was quite amazing, I connected a serial cable to it and the first screen was the booting process of Linux on a OpenSPARC T1 Core. This was the impulse to download the T1 core and have a look to it.
- Xilinx Virtex-5 XC5VLX110T FPGA
- Two Xilinx XCF32P Platform Flash PROMs (32 Mbyte each) for storing large device configurations
- Xilinx SystemACE Compact Flash configuration controller
- 64-bit wide 256Mbyte DDR2 small outline DIMM (SODIMM) module compatible with EDK supported IP and software drivers
- On-board 32-bit ZBT synchronous SRAM and Intel P30 StrataFlash
- 10/100/1000 tri-speed Ethernet PHY supporting MII, GMII, RGMII, and SGMII interfaces
- USB host and peripheral controllers
- Programmable system clock generator
- Stereo AC97 codec with line in, line out, headphone, microphone, and SPDIF digital audio jacks
- RS-232 port, 16×2 character LCD, and many other I/O devices and ports
- USB (2) – Host and Peripheral
- PS/2 (2) – Keyboard, Mouse
- RJ-45 – 10/100/1000 Networking
- RS-232 (Male) – Serial port
- Audio In (2) – Line, Microphone
- Audio Out (2) – Line, Amp, SPDIF
- Video Input
- Video (DVI/VGA) Output
- Single-Ended and Differential I/O Expansion
Xilinx Page: http://www.xilinx.com/univ/xupv5-lx110t.htm